Those leaving through food processor reviews or looking for a smoothie maker would do well in having a look at the Cuisinart CBT-1000 PowerEdge blender – especially if you don’t want to spend a fortune. Sick of shoddy no brand units with petite jars, weak motors and pathetic build? So what makes this one here a better option than countless other brands and models on the market? Let’s explore this in-depth Cuisinart Poweredge blender review.
The only thing, however, that’s enough to convince even the most skeptical buyer is the economical price of this particular unit. Any other high speed blender which is comparable to this Cuisinart CBT-1000, costs at least double its current price.
Key features of the Cuisinart PowerEdge Blender
The device is simply put jam packed with cutting-edge features. When you think of it the current pricing makes absolutely no sense when you consider how much bang you’re getting for the buck… This in turn goes some way in explaining why it repeatedly gets top marks in smoothie blender reviews.
The highlights include a powerful 1.3 horsepower motor, an extra-large 64-ounce BPA Free Tritan co-polymer lidded jar with easy-to-read measuring marks, a simple control panel with back lit buttons, pre-programmed smoothie settings, ice crusher, and pulse functions, cover and leak-proof PVC gasket, count-up timer, and a tight fitting seal that resists leakage. It is worth noting that Cuisinart food processor reviews indicate that this claim regarding the seal actually hold water…pardon the pun. Mine is going strong after 2 years – knock on wood 😉
Some of these features are self-explanatory but others might be unknown to you, so let’s delve into them properly and clarify:
- Count-Up Timer: A timer with LCD display which times your recipes in order for the results to be JUST as you desire.
- Pre-Programmed Buttons: There are three preprogrammed buttons for making smoothies, crushing ice and grinding the produce. Just press any of these and carry on with any other household stuff.
- Slip-Proof Feet: Prevent the machine from ‘walking’ on your countertop.
- Cord Storage: Unlike many other similar devices, it comes with a notably long power cord. It in turn offers extended flexibility but can be a pain in the neck if the socket is right nearby. The cord storage keeps your countertop safe and neat by conveniently storing any excess cord.
- Measured Pour Lid: This nifty feature allows measuring and adding ingredients into the Cuisinart smoothie maker whilst leaving the cover in place.
- Cuisinart CBT-1000 with 64-ounce Jar
- Reviewed by
- Kristjan Mar
on August 14, 2012
Why this Cuisinart food processor is better
The following five reasons in my humble opinion suffice to make this Cuisinart blender an ideal tool for almost any kitchen:
- Power6 TurboEdge design creates a strong vortex and teams up with ultra-sharp blades for thorough blending. It also means you can use your Cuisinart blenders as a juicer (for stuff you’re ok drinking with pulp), a smoothie maker and a powerful all round food processor.
- It has a superior user interface as compared to any similar machine I have personally used. Preprogrammed buttons plus easy on/off switch help you make any recipe you want with minimum effort.
- Its’ fast, efficient and safe.
- Clean up is a treat. Warm soapy water is all you need, but if you didn’t wash the glass blender right after use, just put some soapy water in the jar and run the machine at full speed for a few seconds for easy cleaning.
- Last but not the least, it’s more economical as compared to any other 1000 watt blenders
Shortcomings of the Cuisinart PowerEdge 1000 Watt Blender
- Comes with a rather short (in my opinion) 3-year warranty
- It takes a bit of time to get to grips with the various functions and options, but it is actually good fun getting to know the full range of features the machine offers
- Makes a rather annoying noise when crushing harder items, however it is such a powerful motor that no task really takes that long to be completed
Best place to buy the Cuisinart high speed blender
We have come to the conclusion that this is indeed the best blender for the money, especially in light of the fact that Amazon is currently offering it at a price bordering on the absurd. Click the link below to learn more or grab yours at a hugely discounted price today:
Not good enough?
Browse more Reviews