Quick Facts about the book:
- Title: 500 Juices and Smoothies
- Author: Christine Watson
- Publication Date: June 1, 2008
- Series: 500 Series Cookbooks
- Pages: 288
- Our Rating: 8/10
Christine Watson’s 500 Juices and Smoothies is an amazing pictorial collection of five hundred refreshing juice recipes. If you are disappointed by the free crappy recipes littered everywhere on the internet, you need to take a look at some of the finest smoothie and juice recipes found in this compendium. You’ll find all the necessary tips from buying items to serving the delicious sap.
Meet the author of 500 Juices and Recipes
Watson is a famous food expert from the United Kingdom. After completing her training from the famous Leiths School of Food and Wine, London, she has been writing about foods and testing recipes for the topnotch magazines, newspapers and books. She is also a food stylist for commercials and TV shows.
Let’s first take a look at the table of contents:
- Simple smoothies
- Breakfast blends
- Fragrant infusions
- Health tonics
- Juice boosts
- Blends for kids
- Thick and frosty
- Naughty but nice
- Boozy blends
Whether you are planning to improve your lifestyle or just want to feast your taste buds, 500 Juices and Smoothies has everything. It’s packed with an endless variety of flavors and classic recipe-ideas for festive drinks. If your love for your favorite juices is dying, this book will renew the passion by spicing, thickening and sweetening up the recipes.
You won’t find unnecessary rambling, or the off-putting technical info; just the introductory section about basics of juicing, suggestions for substituting ingredients, and then hundreds of ideas for juices and smoothies with full-color photos.
Christine Watson, from all her experience of working for newspapers and TV, knows simplicity is the key. The book is written in an extremely simple and easy-to-follow tone. Each recipe is clearly stated with its ingredients and blending time, and the colorful pictures are just icing on the cake.
What we loved about 500 Juices and Smoothies
- Chockfull of newfangled and delicious juice and smoothie recipes
- No-nonsense, simple and clear writing style of the author
- You’ll find all the required items in nearby grocery store
- Full-color pictures that give you an idea of what your drink should look like once it’s ready
- Affordable price
- It’s somewhat repetitive; several alternate recipes which are actually tweaks of the original. Moreover, some sentences are also repeated in different recipes which make it less interesting
- Most smoothie recipes are high in calories, not ideal if you’re already overweight – but this of course depends on your overall daily calorie intake
Do we recommend this book?
If all the 500 recipes were unique, we would have given it a 10/10 rating – but the replication was the only reason it got downgraded to 8/10. We still highly recommend 500 Juices and Recipes because of its affordable price, clarity, conciseness and the wide range of delicious recipes. Click the link below to learn more or to place your order now:
500 Juices and Smoothies Canada
If you want to grab a quick fix, feel free to visit our Recipe Section