- Title: The Gerson Therapy
- Author: Charlotte Gerson
- Publishing date: October 1, 2001
- Pages: 424
- Our rating: 8/10
- Category: Juicing books
The Gerson Therapy is an alternate healing system for chronic and degenerative diseases such as Lupus, Hepatitis, Emphysema, Heart Diseases, Migraines and Cancer. The most interesting thing about the therapy is that it only wants you to consume fruit and vegetable juices as medicine, or in other words it helps you ‘Juice your way to wellness.’
Just like any other alternate treatment approach, this therapy has been criticized by the conventional health experts. But what makes it different from most other systems is the large number of people claiming to have healed by following the directions it offers. Another exciting fact about the Gerson Therapy is that it was formulated more than 60 years ago by Max Gerson and is still in practice (with some modifications by his daughter Charlotte Gerson).
Meet the authors of the Gerson therapy
Charlotte, daughter of Max Gerson, is a licensed teacher from Germany. She is also the founder of the Gerson Institute. She supervises training of medical staff at her institute and has lectured on benefits of nutritional therapy at highly esteemed health centers around the globe. To modify her father’s therapy according to the modern needs, she sought help from Morton Walker D.P.M. who has written more than 70 health books (most of them were bestsellers). He is a respected medical journalist and has won 23 journalism awards so far.
Does it really cure cancer and other fatal disease?
With an overwhelming number of people stating to have cured from chronic and incurable diseases, the therapy sounds the best alternate healing system, especially for people suffering from cancer. Moreover, it has been in practice for the last 60 years which tells us something. On the other hand many people have criticized this approach for several reasons. Let’s study opinions of both the groups, starting with the faultfinders:
What the anti-Gerson group states
People with the opposite views have criticized the program from the following reasons:
- It’s one of the most difficult therapies to follow – but coming healed out of a life-threatening effort (without any side effects) is well worth the effort, isn’t it?
- Time consuming
- Highly restrictive on foods
- It’s a colossal book and, due to the tone, is not the easiest of reads
What the pro-Gerson group states
Here are some of the claims common amongst the people who have benefited from the Gerson therapy:
- Teaches simple tips to beat cancer (just by changing your body chemistry through your diet)
- Simple yet powerful juicing techniques to gain maximum healing power
- Actionable tips to combat chronic diseases, obesity, allergies, high blood pressure, cancer, lupus etc.
- Information is laid out in a natural flow; plus there’s redundancy of information so you don’t have to traverse back and forth to find related facts
- No expensive drugs required – fruits and veggies are all you need
- If you follow the program to the letter you will surely see positive results
- Since conventional medicines struggle to cure this disease, this program is worth a try
Buying the book
If you’re interested in learning more about or even trying out the Gerson therapy, we have good news for you: you can get the book at an amazing discount from Amazon. Click the links below to read more user reviews, or to place your order: