- Title: The Ultimate Diet Guide – For Busy Women! No Starving, No Food Restrictions, No Gym Workouts Required
- Author: Jennifer Jolan
- Date published: March 20, 2011
- Pages: 77
- Our rating: 7/10
With over 8000 kindle copies sold, The Ultimate Diet Guide – For Busy Women … is yet another popular piece by Jennifer Jolan. It is actually an easy to understand and follow weight loss guide for women who can’t afford to spend too much time in the gym.
The book discusses all the tactics including juicing, fasting, tapering to quickly get rid of unwanted fat from your body. We, however, would not recommend it if you are unfamiliar with the basics as this book comes with advanced intelligence and original insight.
About the author
Though there are about 17 books credited to Jennifer Jolan on Amazon, she is an unsung soul as we have never heard of her anywhere else. Some people even speculate that somebody is using Jennifer Jolan as a pen name to sell books. Although Jennifer might not be a celeb, all of her books are exceedingly enlightening.
What’s inside the book?
The book mainly discusses different groups of foods, and which group you should or should not include in your diet to lose weight quickly and without much effort. In other words, it’s a blend of common sense (e.g. you should drink a lot of water) and some interesting new facts (e.g. foods that stop women from losing more weight than a few pounds, a list of 18 most fattening foods etc.) Let’s take a look at the table of contents:
- Copyright and trademark notices
- About the author
- The main diet… protein water between meals
- Adjustments to the main diet if you haven’t lost weight in the first 10 days
- Diet #2: strict version of the main diet for faster weight loss
- Snacks and condiments/spices/flavorings to eat and drink while losing weight
- Supplements you may want to take for quicker weight loss
- Things to avoid
- Special exercises
- Vacuum pose
- Belly rub
- Deep breathing
- Cold water treading
- Jumping on a mini-trampoline
- Walking (lowering your set point)
- HIIT (high intensity interval training)
- Quick tips
- Free gift
Things we really liked about the book
- Easy to follow, candid tips
- Since everyone is different, the book proposes a plan B if you don’t see much improvement after first 10 days
- Suggests different simple techniques (which are also endorsed by science) to lose weight without doing anything too extreme
- Recommends easy exercises, you can do at your home without any special equipment
- You can easily source all the foods mentioned in the Ultimate Diet Guide
Things that didn’t impress us much
- Hardcore, advanced info makes this book unsuitable for newbies
- Besides losing fats, you might also lose a bit of muscles – however, building muscles again is easier than losing that stubborn fat
- There are some weird suggestions also e.g. “get off all prescription drugs” – do NOT do this if you’re on a regular medication without discussing it with your doctor. If your drugs are making you obese, you might replace them after consulting your doctor.
Where to get your copy at the cheapest price?
The Ultimate Diet Guide – For Busy Women! No Starving, No Food Restrictions, No Gym Workouts Required is a kindle e-book publication, so you have to place your order with Amazon. Click a link below to take a look inside the book or to read more user reviews: