Quick facts about this book:
- Title: The Green Smoothie Bible: 300 Delicious Recipes
- Author: Kristine Miles
- Pages: 240
- Release date: February 21, 2012
- Our rating: 8/10
- Category: Books on Juicing
Though it has something for everyone, the Green smoothie bible (with 300 delicious recipes) is an ideal guide for beginners. If you have just turned to raw foods and smoothies, the first section of the book is full of basic details you need to know about green smoothies.
No matter you want to fight diseases, lose weight, improve your immune system, detoxify your body, improve your hair and skin, or want to take your physical fitness to the next level, the book has recipes for all of these endeavors. The good thing is that you can find most of the ingredients for the smoothies in this book, irrespective of where you live.
In short, this book guides you how to combine different greens and vegetables with delicious, antioxidant-rich fruits to yield some amazingly nutritious drinks.
Related titles / materials:
About the author
The Green Smoothie Bible is written by Kristine Miles, a health professional with over 15 years of experience. Besides being an author, she is a full-time physiotherapist in private practice from Victoria, Australia. She is also a part-time cooking demonstrator and blogger.
What’s inside the Green Smoothie Bible?
The book is a godsend for beginners switching to a high-raw diet using green smoothies with the aim of feeling and looking great. In addition to the 300 smoothie recipes, you’ll find easy to understand tutorials in the beginning to get you going. Here is the table of contents:
PART ONE – About Green Smoothies
- What are green smoothies?
- What’s the Big Deal About Greens?
- Spouts and microgreens
- And What About Herbs?
- To Juice or Blend?
- The history of blending
- What About a Blender?
- Raw foods
- The Protein Myth
- Crazy about carbs
- Should Fats Go in a Green Smoothie?
- Can Green Smoothies Help with Weight Loss?
- Hello Sweetie
- The importance of variety
- Superfoods in Green Smoothies
PART TWO – Green smoothie recipes
- Bones and Joints
- Cardiovascular Health
- Cellular health
- Good Blood Sugar
- Weight loss
- Happy Hormones
- Fertility and Maternal Health
- Babies and Children
- Banana-less green smoothies
- Fussy about fruit
- Blended green juices
- Simple and stunning
- Nut and seed milks
About the Author
Good things about the Green Smoothie Bible
- You won’t find three hundred green smoothie recipes in any other book at this price
- The shrewd categorization helps you quickly find the desired recipes, no matter you’re looking for smoothie recipes for the current season, for your kids, for taste, for weight loss or for better health
- Though the previous version of this book didn’t have an appendix, the current volume does come with an appendix and you can now cross-reference recipes and ingredients instead of having to explore the whole book
- Easy to read and understand guidelines
- Most recipes are based around ingredients that are frequently available in the market
- No mention of the nutritional value of different recipes
- The writer has discussed (in fact promoted) her favorite brand of blenders, which we think is out of place
The best place to buy the Green Smoothie Bible
If you’re looking to save a few extra bucks on your Green Smoothie Bible, consider placing your order from Amazon. Click a link below to read more user reviews or take a look inside the book: