- Our rating: 9/10
- Title: Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life
- Author: Cherie Calbom
- Pages: 368
- Date published: July 30, 2008
- Category: Juicing Books
While most other juicing books primarily focus on fruit juices, the Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life by Cherie Calbom features juices, smoothies and soups made from vegetables. This handy guide helps detoxify your body from toxins that accumulate in the body due to emotional and mental unrest. There are also some recipes that can be insanely useful in case you are fasting or detoxifying your body.
The best thing about this book is that it’s written by a certified and experienced nutritionist, so you can try anything mentioned in it without fearing nasty consequences. The professional approach and conclusive guidelines show that the writer knows her stuff. Though the book is packed with information, yet it’s very easy to understand and follow.
Meet the author of the book
Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life is written by Cherie Calbom with the collaboration of her husband John Calbom. As mentioned earlier, Cherie is a qualified and skilled practitioner, and has dozens of other books, including the bestseller The Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health, to her credit.
Cherie turned to whole foods and juices when her own health was declining very quickly. She was astonished at the results of the experiments with her diet. She then went to Bastyr University and earned the Master of Science degree in whole foods nutrition.
A peek inside the book
The book has ten chapters, each focusing on a different aspect. All the information is well structured and, thanks to the chapters and indexes, browsing the book is very easy. You’ll also find several useful resources to learn more about a particular topic. Here’s the table of contents:
- Chapter 1: The Secrets Of Vibrant Health
- Chapter 2: Juicing For Life
- Chapter 3: Fasting For Life
- Chapter 4: Detoxifying For
- Chapter 5: Colon Cleansing For Vibrant Health
- Chapter 6: Liver, Gallbladder, And Kidney Cleansing
- Chapter 7: More Detox Programs
- Chapter 8: Mental And Emotional Cleansing
- Chapter 9: The A To Z Guide To The Nutrient Content Of Foods
- Chapter 10: Recipes For Fasting And Detoxing
- Resources Guide
Good things about the Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life
- Written by a trained and veteran nutritionist
- Well-structured, highly motivational and easy to understand
- Instead of focusing more on fruit juices (whose excess can actually disrupt your body’s pH balance with too much natural sugars), more recipes are made from veggies and greens
- Even with a plethora of information, the book is available at a reasonable price
- The information given makes sense and most part is backed by modern science, there are no outrageous claims as we commonly see in most of the so-called magical juicing books
- Separate sections for different purposes, indexes to easily find specific info and resources guide for further reading
Not-so-good things about the Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life
- If you have read Cherie’s The Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health, you’ll find that most of the info is common in these two books
- We also found some minor slips e.g. the recipe for Spinach Power as well as Spinach-Avocado Soup don’t contain spinach at all, and no reason is given for the omission
- Some ingredients are expensive/hard to find
Want a copy of this quality juicing book?
After comparing the prices of the Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets by different online retailers, we figured out that Amazon is offering the cheapest price. Click the link below to find out more about the discounted price or read more user reviews:Juicing, Fasting, and Detoxing for Life: Unleash the Healing Power of Fresh Juices and Cleansing Diets