Considering a variety of handy features and several benefits, the first thing that really amazes you about the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer is its ridiculously affordable price. Essentially, it’s an improved version of Cuisinart’s previous, rather less successful model i.e. CCJ-100. When compared to its predecessor, it’s well-built, it’s more beautiful and it’s much more efficient.
The juicer has its shortcomings, which we’ll discuss shortly, but when it comes to efficiency, it beats the costlier competitors hands down. Let’s do an in-depth analysis of this contemporary piece of equipment, and weigh its pros against its cons to see whether it will make a useful addition to your kitchen or not.
Notable product features
Even having a tiny footprint, the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer comes with all the latest features including the auto-reversing reamer, snap-up spout, final-spin feature. These systems seamlessly work together to ensure maximum yield from any type of citrus fruit. The housing is made of brushed metal so the juicer can stand wear and tear for a good long period.
The CCJ-500 comes with a universal cone that accommodates lemons to grapefruits. The body of the juicer is about 6.8 x 7.9 x 12.2 inches and weighs almost 4 lbs. In addition to the juicer, you also get a resourceful recipe book.
What we loved about the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer
- It’s an efficient and easy to use appliance, ideal for any household
- Very reasonably priced
- Has a very powerful motor. To test its limits, we pushed the produce down really hard but the motor didn’t choke
- The auto-reverse and final-spin features leave bone dry pulp, while all the liquid goes into your glass
- Snap-up spout prevents any droplets from falling on your countertop
- Compared to its CCJ-100, it has a smaller yet more stable footprint
- The design, having a glossy finish, is simply exquisite
What we didn’t like much
- Cleanup is a daunting task mainly because of the countless tiny holes in the pulp baskets. Though these holes really help you control the amount of pulp, you won’t praise them much when cleaning the juicer. To make the cleanup process less than a toil, use a small brush and wash it with warm water right after juicing.
- Even though it’s a tiny juicer, it makes considerable noise
What other users are saying
At the time of writing this review, the juicer has received an amazing rating of 4/5 by dozens of users on Amazon – the largest online retailer. While most users are ecstatic to own such an amazing juicer at a reasonable cost, there are a few unhappy customers, mainly because of the relatively difficult washing.
Get your Cuisinart Citrus Juicer online
If you are planning to buy the Cuisinart CCJ-500 Pulp Control Citrus Juicer, you’ll surely love Amazon’s massive discount. We don’t know for how long they will keep this offer valid, so make sure you don’t miss it. Click the link below to learn more about this juicer or to read user reviews: