At a glance
- Book title: Complete Book of Juicing
- Author name: Dr. Michael T. Murray
- Publishing date: August 26, 1997
- Number of Pages: 368
- Our rating: 8/10
- Category: Juicing Books
So, what makes the Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality by Michael T. Murray different? Is it just another so-called magical book with a few recipes, making wild claims about curing fatal diseases? Though, in many respects, it does resemble hundreds of other guides, three things make it stand out from the crowd:
- It’s written by a specialist, Dr. Murray who is one of the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine
- It gives detailed nutritional information about each recipe – so you know what you’re consuming
- It’s a safe and effective guide to juice fasting (for quick weight loss)
Even Jay Kordich (aka The Juiceman) hails and recommends the Complete Book of Juicing: “A must-read for anyone interested in juicing as a part of a healthy lifestyle.” There are a few shortcomings of this book also, which we’ll discuss shortly. But first, let’s get to know the writer himself.
About the author of the book
Dr. Murray is a man with exceptional research and knowledge. He has personally collected thousands of articles from scientific literature about effectiveness of natural diet. His research focuses on natural measures to fight common diseases. He has published more than 30 books and is considered to be among the world’s leading authorities on natural medicine. He is also the Director of Product Development, and most of their successful dietary supplements are based on Murray’s research. He also runs a famous website which can is actually an enormous database containing useful scientific material.
What to expect from the book
Besides the 150 recipes, the Complete Book of Juicing features solid nutritional information on recipes, safe procedure for juice fasting, and a section where the writer answers general questions about juicing – which is also our favorite part. Let’s take a look at the table of contents:
Foreword Preface Acknowledgments
1. Why Juice?
2. What’s in Juice? The Nutrients
3. What’s in Juice? The Nutrients
4. How to Juice: Getting Started
5. A Juicer’s Guide to Fruits
6. A Juicer’s Guide to Vegetables
7. Fifty Fabulous Juice Recipes
8. Juice As Medicine
9. The Juice Fast
10. Juicing for Weight Loss
11. Juicing, Immune Function, and the Cancer Patient
12. Answers to Common Questions About Juicing
- Interesting, motivating and full of information
- Just as the name suggests, it’s truly a complete book of juicing as it not only has some useful recipes but also gives basic background info about juicing.
- Nutritional facts about each recipe tell you which recipes you should choose according to your needs/likings
- This book has something for you, no matter you are looking for tasty juices, recipes to improve your health or even juices that help you fight certain ailments
- Has only 150 recipes while several other similar books feature more than 300
- The biggest quibble we have against this book is that it puts too much focus on vegetarian agenda whereas for a healthy life, you need a more balanced diet
- On more than one occasion, the writer promotes Juiceman line of products, which is annoying
The best place to buy this book
The Complete Book of Juicing: Your Delicious Guide to Youthful Vitality is obviously a good pick if you are planning to juice fast or learn the basics of juicing. And if you want to get your copy at the lowest price, check out Amazon’s great offer by clicking the link below – you’ll also find some interesting user reviews and loads of useful info there.