You know that your body needs five to nine servings of fruits and veggies, every day. But because of the unappetizing taste of greens, it’s not easy to consume the recommended number of daily servings – unless you have the Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health which tells you how to ‘drink’ your veggies.
Written by Cherie Calbom, it’s an insightful guide that can really help you improve your health and fight many diseases. But first, here’s an important note: this book can actually backfire if you jump to wrong conclusion. Since the title says ‘Unleashing the Healing Power of Whole Fruits and Vegetables’, but the writer does NOT claim that these recipes will cure any ailments on their own. Enjoy the juices and use them to supplement your medical treatment, but don’t use these recipes as the sole cure.
One more thing, the revised edition comes with updated info regarding several medical conditions, including ADHD, cancer, chronic fatigue syndrome, diabetes etc. but there isn’t much of a difference in terms of recipes. So, if you have any version of The Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health, and all you care about is the recipes, you should be content with it.
About the author of the book
The Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health is written by Cherie Calbom, the famous nutritionist and juicing expert. She holds a Master of Science degree in whole foods nutrition from Bastyr University. She has been hired by Juiceman, the famous juicer machine manufacturer, to write a book about their juicers. She has written quite a few other books, including the best-seller Juicing For Life. Just like Jason Vale is known as The Juice Master, Cherie is called The Juice Lady.
The book has over 350 pages packed with useful juicing info, tips on buying and maintaining your juicer, how you can get rid of obesity simply by drinking natural juices, which types of juices are the best for fighting certain diseases and of course the recipes. Here’s an abridged version of the table of contents:
- All About Juice
- Using Juices For Healing (this lengthy section contains a plethora of diseases and their counteracting recipes)
- Basic Guidelines For The Juice Lady’s Health And Healing Diet
- Elimination Diet
- Cleansing Programs
- Appendix A: Sources Of Information And Product
- Appendix B : Body Mass Index (BMI) Chart
What we loved?
- Research-backed recipes from the best combinations of fruits and vegetables
- The information is laid our very clearly and in an easy to follow manner
- Interesting names of recipes e.g. Popeye’s Power, Ginger Hopper, Sweet Calcium Cocktail, Jack & the Bean etc.
- Affordable price
What we didn’t like much?
- Too much text focuses on different types of diseases
- Some recipes are repeated with minor tweaks
- Different versions of the book have nearly the same info
- None of the recipes gives any info about how many servings will be produced
Where to buy this book?
You can purchase your copy of The Juice Lady’s Guide To Juicing for Health: Unleashing the Healing Power of Whole Fruits and Vegetables Revised Edition from different online retailers. But if you want to get the best deal, consider buying it from Amazon. Click the link below to take a look inside the book or to read more user reviews: