- Book title: The Everything Juicing Book
- Author: Carole Jacobs, Chef Patrice Johnson and Nicole Cormier
- Date published: March 18, 2010
- Pages: 304
- Our rating: 8.5/10
- Category: Juicing books
Most of us simply can’t get even half the recommended daily intake of fruits and, especially vegetables – mainly because of their poor taste. But if you really care about your health, The Everything Juicing Book can help you get your optimal nutrition by drinking the veggies. Converting your veggies into liquid form has a double-barreled benefit: they not only become savory, but also become more digestible.
But don’t consider it just another juicing recipe book; it is packed with a plethora of other useful info such as why more and more people are adding juices to their daily regime, or how you can get more nutrients, cleanse your body of toxins, or prevent disease and live longer, from fruit and vegetable juices.
Meet the authors of Everything Juicing
Carol Jacobs is a nationally recognized writer, and has worked as senior editor for several health magazines. Her work has appeared in over 250 national publications. Besides The Everything Juicing Book, she has authored several other fitness related books including the bestseller Detox for the Rest of Us.
Patrice Johnson, a renowned chef, is also one of the three contributors. She is a graduate from the California School of Culinary Arts in Pasadena, California – affiliated with the prestigious Cordon Bleu, Paris. She is an ACE-certified personal trainer and also the owner of Mystique, Your Personal Chef, Chef Johnson, where she caters her clients’ every dinners.
The third and last author is Nicole Cormier, certified in adult weight management professional. She is a registered dietician and owner of the nutrition counseling company Delicious Living Nutrition.
The book is loaded with vital info about juicing, but we love the way the writer has laid out the sections according to different benefits of certain juices. To have an idea of what you’ll learn from this book, let’s take a look at its table of contents:
Top 10 reasons to juice
- The juicing revolution
- Gearing up for juicing
- Basic juicing ingredients
- Juicing for weight loss
- Juice fasting
- Juice detoxing and cleansing
- Juicing for increased happiness and mental stability
- Juicing for anti-aging and longevity
- Juicing for beautiful skin, hair, and nails
- Juicing for stronger bones
- Juicing for energy and stamina
- Juicing for better breathing
- Fighting infections
- Helping your digestive disorders
- Cancer prevention and treatment
- Perfect juices for people with diabetes.
Pros of the Everything Juicing Book
- Highly informative, yet very simple and easy to understand
- With more than 150 different, delicious recipes, you’ll never need another recipe book
- You can quickly find different of recipes according to your personal likings, or to fight certain ailments
- We really loved that all the recipes also mention nutritional facts e.g. how many calories, grams of fat, sodium, fiber, protein, sugar, carbs etc. you will get per serving
- It’s an ideal book for anyone who has a juicer machine and cares about his health. You’ll find something relevant whether you want to increase the amount of necessary nutrients in your diet, or you’re looking for a way to give your taste buds a treat, or even if you’re looking to counter a chronic disease
Shortcomings of the Everything Juicing Book
- First few sections are a bit superfluous i.e. they just give the information about how and why juicing is important for human body – but those who have spent a few bucks on a juicer, probably realize these benefits already
- No pictures – though some people won’t mind there are others who like to know how their juice would like when it’s ready
The best place to get the recipe book
To get your copy of The Everything Juicing Book by Carole Jacobs, we recommend you place your order from amazon as they’re selling it at the lowest price. Click the link below to learn more or read user reviews.