Quick facts about the book:
- Title: Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future
- Author: David Wolfe
- Release Date: April 28, 2009
- Pages: 352
- Our rating: 7.5/10
- Category: Juicing books
How would you like to add some extra vitality to your daily eating regimen? If it sounds appealing, consider David Wolfe’s Superfoods: The Food And Machine Of The Future. Superfoods are rich sources of ‘clean’ enzymes, oils, good fats, proteins, minerals, vitamins and several other nutrients.
Whether you want to improve your physical or mental health, or just desire to enjoy nature’s powerful foods, this book is for you. On the other hand, there are certain caveats that we’ll explore shortly. First, let’s get to know the author himself.
About the writer
Almost 16 years back, David dedicated himself for experimenting and understanding of the working of human body and has written several bestselling books on foods and health including David Wolfe on Raw Foods, Superfoods, Superherbs, Amazing Grace, The Sunfood Diet Success System, Naked Chocolate, Medicine of the Future, The LongevityNOW Program, and of course the Superfoods: The Food and Medicine of the Future.
What are superfoods
As per the writer, these are natural, raw food items identified by the great civilizations in the past. These foods are not only easy to consume but go well with almost every body type and metabolism. The only issue, however, is their availability in your local area.
A sneak peek preview of the book
Some of the superfoods explained in this book are goji berries, hempseed, cacao beans (raw chocolate), maca, spirulina, bee products, and a host of others. David has adopted an interesting approach to explain each superfood distinctly, tells its history and a few delicious, easy-to-make recipes for each item.
Basically, the book talks about the top 10 superfoods and in the last chapter ‘Honorable Mentions’, David explains 7 other superfoods that couldn’t make it to the top 10, yet are highly effective for human body and needed a mention.
- Why Superfoods?
- What Are Superfoods?
- A Note on the Recipes
- The Top10 Superfoods
- Goji Berries: Fountain of Youth
- Cacao: Raw Chocolate
- Maca: Andes Aphrodisiac
- Bee Products: The Original Superfoods
- Bee Pollen
- Royal Jelly
- Spirulina: Protein Queen
- AFA Blue-Green Algae: Primordial Food from Klamath Lake, Oregon
- Marine Phytoplankton: The Basis of All Life
- Aloe Vera: Essene and Egyptian Secret of Immortality
- Hempseed: Superfood of the Future
- Coconuts: Symbol of Paradise
- Honorable Mentions
- Açai: Ancient Amazonian Antioxidant
- Camu Camu Berry: Vitamin C Sun King
- Chlorella: Green Pigment of Your Imagination
- Incan Berries: Incan Trail Superfruit
- Kelp: Mineral Help, Gland of the Sea
- Noni: Polynesian Superfruit
- Yacon: Prehistoric Prebiotic Sunflower
- Glossary of Recipe Ingredients
- Appendix I: Nutritional Information
- Appendix II: Scientic Studies
- Photo Credits
- About the Author
- Sacred chocolate ™
- Fruit tree planting foundation
- How to order superfoods
What we liked about the book
- Each chapter is beautifully laid out with color photos; the in-depth explanation helps you easily identify the types of superfoods you need the most
- Most of David’s claims are backed by science, especially those about the superfoods and their benefits
What we didn’t like much
- David has also been a lawyer as well as a salesman; maybe this affects the fluidity of his writing – but he delivers the information
The best place to buy the Superfoods book
To get your copy of the Superfoods: The Food And Machine Of The Future, at the lowest price, order it from Amazon where it’s currently available at an amazingly discounted price. Click one of the links below to place your order; you can also read more customer reviews or even take a look inside the book: